CHOOSING A NAME
Choosing a name for your baby can be fun and exciting. Discuss ideas with your partner and make a list of your combined favourites – it’s not as easy as it seems! Put these up somewhere at home so you can look at the names often and get a real feeling for each one.
Tips when choosing a name:
- Find out its origin and meaning
- Think of possible nicknames or shortened versions of names
- Avoid very long, difficult names
- Consider whether there are family members or traditional family names you wish to honour
- Think about how the name sounds, especially with your surname, and what the initials spell.